Friday, November 19, 2010

43 – The Revolt Outside


Nothing compared to the revolt

felt inside for the revolt outside.

The 6 o’clock news have advised not

to televise the tower under attack.


Outside is frightful,

the fire so delightful,

go

revolt revolt revolt

not – not because you’re guilty

not because you’re free,

because you scream on the inside

balm to the souls of the prisoners within.


Over puff pastry and foie gras

hints of a much darker war inside,

restore the necessary psychical voltage in time,

soon everything vibrating as

the prisoners’s heads raisd bloody.


My window inside my mind outside this world

inside this heart outside of words

is withering while torrents of rain fall

a house of cards

is quiet though unmeasured;

then the men in black appear,

pounding their shields in fear.


Over the opulent meal inside

snow beggars stand

caviar cowards in

my inner ear tickling me to death

erecting classifications of insurrection.


The revolt outside never happened. Go back to sleep,

pause to remember one who has passed away.

One who has done so much for so many revolutions.

The turmoil inside reminds me

I’ve given up on being piss and vinegar.


I was very young

playing a parachute game

lifted round film over our heads

and beneath I looked up and felt vertigo

my fabric ceiling inflated

there was no pressure

change

physically but geographically


I realized a map overlaid

every street, yard and building ever


those maps lifted off and away

my neighbours

my parents,

just gone.


Our streets were nameless

my house was nowhere

the map was being lifted and dropped

as nothing but a game

with no rules and no real playground

except the map itself.


The revolt outside was a Malthusian catastrophe

populated by droids & droogs suppressed.

Go back to sleep.


Andrew Waldie Porteus, Warren Dean Fulton, Alice Robinson, Amanda Earl, Kathleen Betts, Richard Olafson, Susan Christian, Keri Cronin, Garry Thomas Morse, Catherine Heard, Andrew Topel, Brian Bartlett, Bryne Helen Lewis, Jamie Reid, Priscilla Brett, Maria Damon, Warren Dean Fulton, Thamyris Jones, Sharon Honywill-Haddow, Kristen Peterson, Terry Trowbridge, Miekal And

No comments:

Post a Comment