Thursday, October 28, 2010

47 – So I Turned

unable to meet her gaze
rampantly Roman Catholic
so I turned the other cheek

my gaze inwards,
still couldn’t look myself in the eye
scarlet, then blue and grey

as fair play cartwheels down Water Street
and into the waves, I turned
I realized that something catalytic
must have happened

my grave
the page

I turned the radio on
I turned off the road
I turned into someone else
a blade of grass lost amongst millions

left on a red
Saturn with a single word
right what wonder

I turned inside out
into an exquisite corpuscle

at Alburquerque, lost, wrong
in protest
a détournement of walking

off the light
over a leaf
an old idiom
on in out

television myself to face me
I never caught a glimpse

my destiny
coming freight train
blinding

over the garden
out the light
lexicographer
from the light
the darkness thanks

faced the mirror
once again

so I turned out badly

Lauren Corman, Nick Treanor, Diane Schoemperlen, Andréa Ledding, Tobey C. Anderson, Leslie Ambedian, Brian Bartlett, Andrew Waldie Porteus, Andrew Topel, Bibiana Padilla Maltos, Catherine Heard, James Dewar, Rob Budde, Kathleen Betts, Vanessa Place, Angela Genusa, Warren Dean Fulton, Gary Barwin, Alice Burdick, Amanda Earl, Alice Robinson, Kristen Peterson, Nancy Allen, Carmen Racovitza, Roger Hanna, Christine Leclerc

No comments:

Post a Comment